Sunday, March 03, 2013

Saphaipae Restaurant

I mentioned before about one of the coolest hostels in Bangkok - the Saphaipae Hostel.


Now, I want to share about Saphaipae Restaurant, which is linked to the hostel.


Having stay in the hostel, it's hard to miss the restaurant. While the restaurant is not always full, but it's location by the lift do make me check out its menu.

And so I had my 1st meal there - and continued to have a few other of my meals too.. breakfasts and lunches - just before I make my way to explore the city.

Restaurant interior

Dining outside


There's 2 parts to the restaurant - indoor and outdoor. The indoor is simple. I prefer the outdoor dining - al fresco style.. which is spacious and I like the wooden chairs and sturdy tables.


The food here is good. I dare say that it meets the average tourist taste buds. They serve mainly Thai food with some fushion dishes like spicy seafood spaghetti.







The serve a really wide range of Thai dishes and every of my meal here is different. They have pad thai to other type of Thai noodles, tom yum goong and fried rice.












But apart from ala carte, one can also order other dishes like squid with century egg, Thai green curry, other types of curry, vegetables and fried prawns with flour.

I find the food here yummy, and fresh. The vegetables are crunchy.







I love their local desserts, which I wished I had eaten more!!


And owh yes, I do love their breakfast too. Guests can choose 1 dish from their menu (from the Asian or Western selection) - and they will cook it for you. I prefer this type of breakfast as compared to the buffet style breakfasts, anytime.

I usually skip breakfasts but for here, I did make a point to wake up slightly earlier - just to enjoy their lovely breakfasts.

This may not be the best restaurant in Bangkok, but I really don't mind coming back here for meals and their desserts. More so if I'm in the area - that's for sure!


*Address
35 Surasak Road Silom
BangrakBangkok 10500
Tel: +6622382322
Email: info@saphaipae.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)