Tuesday, July 09, 2013

USJ 9 Nasi Lemak: Restoran Nasi Lemak Warisan Sambal Opah

Nasi Lemak.

Oh how I love this food. And if you are Malaysian, I bet you do too.

The question, you'd probably wanna know is where serves good nasi lemak.

Front of the restaurant (pic courtesy of 4Square)

Well, the best one to me is of course from my hometown Malacca. The coconut cooked rice always seems more fragrant in Malacca (probably it is cooked with more coconut milk). And for us Malaccans, well, we all love to have our nasi lemak with the kangkung (water morning glory).

But well, I'm not saying KL don't have. In fact, I have tried a few that can put up a fight.

The nasi lemak is that crowded, that it even occupies the opposite side of the road. 

And this restaurant is probably one of the best contenders. This Restoran Nasi Lemak Warisan Sambal Opah located in USJ 9 serves some really old style - small packs of nasi lemak.


Whenever I'm here, the restaurant is always packed, and I have to queue up to get the freshly served nasi lemak (probably one of the reasons its really good!).


Now, I never like to queue for food last time, but nowadays, I give in a lil. Especially when the food is worth it (and as long the queue is not too long). The queue here is roughly 10 to 15 minutes - well that's my experience anyway.


Once it's my turn, there's a range of curry and sambal dishes to choose from - to add to the nasi lemak. Though honestly, the nasi lemak by itself do not need those. But hey, this is nasi lemak KL style - which side dishes always seems as a must.


And if I have to choose, I usually go for the "must have" fried chicken. I don't know bout you, but I have always thought that Malay fried chicken usually tastes good :)

Now the only difference in this restaurant as compared with most Malay restaurants that I've eaten.. is that after taking your food, you have to queue to pay at the counter. Ie. a second queue.

That can get a lil messy if your hands are full. But like I said, it's pretty worth it.


Well, this is the nasi lemak. Rather simple but really packs a punch. And 1 packet, is never enough!


Btw, there's these Sarsi drinks on the table as well, though I errr... have yet to try.

Conclusion - if you are in Subang Jaya, or on a food hunt, and a lover of good nasi lemak, then you just got to at least try this!



* Address:
2-56 Jalan USJ 9/5p, Subang Jaya, Selangor 47620, Malaysia

Opens daily except Tuesdays (5pm - 5am)

5 comments:

  1. Haven't had nasi lemak for months since i've decided to put off some weight :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a block behind my office :) Yeah, it is definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i came across this restaurant last week and wondering why it is pack. thanks for the info. Cant wait to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice entry dude :)

    p/s: its easier for people to leave comments at ur entry if u disable the word verification i guess..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb Nasi Lemak!
    just behind my office. - www.hishamnazir.com

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)