Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wat Prathat Doi Suthep

While in Chiang Mai, one of the must visit place that was recommended is the temple on the hill - the Wat Prathat Doi Suthep.

Before going there, we were told that there are about 200-300 steps to climb.. well I thought that was ok, having climbed the Batu Cave before.

But what we were not told is that the steps do not start from the foot hill. Instead one needs to take a ride up halfway of the hill first.

I took a public van first to the foot of the hill (where the zoo is). From there, I took another public van ride up at THB40/ person.

The steps uphill were pretty ok - not at all tiring. Instead, the walk up was quite nice - more like a stroll despite it was going uphill. The weather sure played a part.

Once up, the view of the temple come in sight.

Like many of the temples in Chiang Mai it is magnificent & grandeur. And very picturesque too!

I prayed and also got some blessings from the monks. Oh and I offered some flowers that I bought on the way up the stairs too.

The trip up to this temple truly relaxed the soul and yes, a must visit for visitors to Chiang Mai.. tho it wasn't the only temple I visited in the trip :)

2 comments:

  1. The temple reminds me of the one in seck kiah enh...but this is one is way more glittering. :p

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)