Monday, October 16, 2006

Count Our BLESS-Sings

I called a friend yesterday to catch up on things and was very encouraged with his words of encouragement and admiration. I feel very delighted when he could see and recognised the hard work I've put into the business (a recognition is always welcomed once in a while :) ). More importantly, he asked me to just give myself a pat on the back once in a while.

Like many other entrepreneurs, sometimes, I am very hard on myself, especially on everey mistake, or on outcomes I didn't expect. At these moments, I sometimes forget to see the achievements that I have achieved, but only look on the problems... and blame myself.

Now, it's good to see the problems, and solve them. However, there are moments when I believe we should just take time to acknowledge ourselves on our accomplishments for where we are today - and not feel too bad.

I agree with my friend that we should count the blessings we've gotten so far. No doubt there is still a long way to go, but it would be nice to just sit down for a minute or two and think of all the good things - both big and small that we've accomplished, and also the things that we have (and bad things that we don't have eg. natural disasters)... and smile that big smile :) And that is the smile that will take and see us through those rough moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)