Thursday, January 23, 2014

Awesome Poon Choy (Tai Thong CNY Menu)

Chinese New Year is just round the corner!

And it's time to celebrate (in abundance)! Okay, well maybe just a bit..

And well, Tai Thong has just the perfect dishes for it, which I have just recently tried.


The first and "must have" dish is non other than the yee sang. But unlike the usual yee sang, Tai Tong has added a twist to it. It is basically a fruity yee sang - with 8 differnt types of fruits. 

I thought that the fruits were specially selected - which was a good mix. I have always loved yee sang and I had my extra helping on this too!


But well, if I had a good helping on that yee sang, I had an even more helpings on this next dish - the poon choy. Honestly, this is like the king of the CNY dishes that I've ever tried. 

I have never tried poon choy before. Err... yea. I haven't. And I must say, this first time has been truly - AWESOME. The 18 ingredients that went in (yes, seriously, 18!) consisting of premium meat, vegetables and dried seafood.. simply rocked! The gravy was good and so were the scallops and mushrooms! 

Btw, the pot is so huge - and I think it's truly worth it!


Finally, it was time for the dessert. And we had a colourful rainbow tang yuan as desserts - each with a different flavour to it. 


Me and the cool Chef Thomas. 



Well, needless to say - I left this restaurant (once again).. happily! :D


*These cool Tai Thong CNY Menu will be available till 14 February 2014. Still have quite a bit of time to taste them - and I fully recommend you do! (Go eat the poon choy!) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)