Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Good Malay Food In USJ: Restoran Ubi Kayu

I have a taste for good Malay food, every now and then. I must say I do enjoy Malay food - probably because of my upbringing, which taste buds is heavily influenced with chillies and spices.


While generally, the mixed rice style most Malay food is more or less the same in many cases, but there's some which really stands out. And this is one of them.











Ubi Kayu in USJ serves the usual Malay food fare including the fried chicken. The fried chicken is nice though a lil normal.





What I enjoy more here is the fresh BBQ food - like the fish stuffed with sambal and the huge and juicy BBQ chicken thighs. These are tasty but more so because they are cooked fresh - well at least during the lunch time that I go.





The other unique thing about this restaurant is also the rather wide array if desserts they serve.


And that includes the "pengat" - which is really so tempting. Well, I do like this dessert a lot.. and they do it well here :)

Now, I won't say that this is the best Malay restaurants in town but probably one of the more notable ones in USJ - that's worth a visit if you happen to be in the area or simply looking for a place for a new food hunt.


Address
restoran ubi kayu no.2-1,jln usj 9/5n, uep subang jaya, 47620 subang jaya, selangor

Opening Hours
Tue - Sun: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)