Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wonderful 2011 Travels

"Whoaa, you seem to travel a lot this year huh" says some friends.

"Err... well, that's cos you just know me! Every year, I actually travel quite a bit". (grins).

Yes, every year.. I do travel a fair bit. And 2011 is no different :)

While 2011 has been a very regional travel year for me (the furthest was to Taipei!)... but still, it is quite a year of fun filled travels!!

Let's take a look... 

Muslim city? Err.. 


I started off 2011, counting down in this very patriotic country! Made some new Indonesian buddies, and suprised with the rather open-ess of the Islamic country. 


Owh, and I tried the cow's brain for the first time here too!


2. Singapore.. and Singapore. And Singapore!!
Family, friends & New Singapore!

I can never get enough of the island city.. usually not so much from the traveler's point but for other reasons like visiting friends & relatives (now how many wedding dinners again?).

Tho this November, I did go back for 1 sole purpose.. Christmas deco @ Orchard Road and.. the Transformer's Ride @ Universal Studio Singapore!!! (say Oooooooo!!!) :)

Back for a friend's wedding early in February.
With friends at Chinatown. 

Back for Christmas.. the Transformer's Ride @ Universal Studio!!!

3. Penang!
Getting that Tattoo!

It has been quite a while since I've gone back to Penang - a few years now! But then, this year.. I visited the island.. twice!

Again, it wasn't the touristy things that I enjoyed this time round... having visited those places many times in my other trips. Instead it was some different Penang experience.. and owh ya, getting that very first tattoo!!



4. Manila!!
Yummy pork, cool tees, getting sexified... and Christmas magic!

I visited Manila twice this year! Sounds crazy to some - or many for that matter.. who have not been here! But ok, here's the fact "Manila is quite safe lah... just go to the cool places" :)

Now on my trips here.. these are what I experience...


How many ways can you cook pork? Come to Manila, and find out! One of the many reasons I love this city is the food.. namely the pork food! It may not be spicy like how I usually like my food, but nevertheless it's just oh so yummy!


I can never get enough of their quirkiness - especially those tees from the SM departmental store! Batman, Transformers, even South Park.. they have it all! (and so do I now... well most of them haha!!).


Me showing off my dog tag! Call it (being shirtless) the Manila effect!
I wrote before on how Manila makes one feel oh-so-sexy. It's here in Manila that I feel most wanting to look good.. I call that being sexified!! I don't know if it's the media.. or is there just something else that makes me feel so whenever I'm there!


There's so much more to write bout Manila on its own.. but looking back, I also enjoyed the Christmas deco in Manila this year.. which is something I can see myself going back to Manila for!

Always smiling!


Yes, I always smile in this land of the smiles. Maybe cos it feels so home (apart from Manila.. and maybe Taipei).

I can go to Bangkok again & again, and still find new things to explore each time. The food. The places. It's one city I hardly blog about for the things I do here in Bangkok is relatively not that touristy at all. Yeah, 'home' it is. And always will be!

Can never get bored with the Thai food!

Quirky, cute, creative.. only in Bangkok!

6. Cherating!!
Gimme the beach!!


I love the beach. In fact, I'd love to live by the beach! But well, I don't and that makes me miss that a lot! 

So for a remedy.. I headed to the East!


Resting by the beach. With happy feet moments. Sound of the waves. Walking on the sandy beach at night. Swimming in the sea. Ahh.. that's what I did in this very very short 1 night getaway! Yes, this trip was mainly about... the beach!!




Always so cool! (minus one hotel experience...)

The Taipei trip wasn't planned.. but was rather last minute (cos of the job change & hence the extra time off.. hehe). But well, I'm not complaining cos in the end,  this is the first time I get to visit all 3 of my favourite cities - Bangkok, Manila.. and Taipei!!!


Having been here a few times now, I'm more familiar with the city.. but still manage to find some new interesting things to do. Like going to the hot springs, or visiting the Sun Yat Sen Memorial. 

And then of course.. there is the bubble milk teas, and also watching some Taiwanese movies!


Owh, and there's always a revisit of Taipei 101 (no matter how many times I'm in Taipei, I still find it a must to visit here haha!). 

Yes, I love Taipei, minus this lil weird experience (at Wonstar Hotel Taipei).

7. Chiang Mai!!
Making Wishes!!


I finally get to throw my lantern up up in the air.. during the Loy Krathong! It has been something I've always wanted to do in Chiang Mai.. and am so happy to have finally done it this year!! Of course, up into the sky went my wishes too :)

Btw the other cool stuff.. going for the elephant ride & also seeing them paint.. and visiting the temples around Chiang Mai

But even the swimming in the pool at the hotel was simply - A W E S O M E! Again, blame it on my preference to Thailand.. but the water was just right!! :)


That's not all the travels for 2011 for me.. cos later today, I'll be heading off to another island.. yeap, it's beach time, people! Phuket, here I come!!! :)

Btw, again, the question to ask.. where will I go in 2012? I have made a resolution to go to Japan this year, but that did not happen. Well, let's hope that comes true for next year!

For the other places, I can see a revisit to Thailand to be very likely! Can never get enough of that place! I wonder which part of Malaysia I should travel too? :)

And while work is increasing.. I do hope that I can still travel, travel.. and travel! Hehe!

Happy Holidays, everyone! And happy traveling!!!


*Wonderful 2010 Travels
*Wonderful 2009 Travels
*Wonderful 2008 Travels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)