I've been tagged to do this from friends via facebook, for a while now. Well here goes:
1. I've went to 2 kindergartens - one year in Chinese, and one more year in English.
2. That was my first touch of Mandarin, though I only related to it again much later in Form 6, when my classmates from the Chinese speaking schools came over to study in my school - Malacca High School (am proud of it!).
3. I learnt English & Malay as my main language - our school was English speaking (I always compare it to the Raffles school in Singapore!). Anyway, I had a good mix of friends from other races, which I think is so important, especially coming from such a diverse country.
4. In Form 1 (Secondary 1), I sat with a group of Malay friends. They introduced me to Malay music & Malay movies. And I'm glad I had that experience, cos from then & till today, I'm open to what rocks in Malaysia's entertainment industry.
5. My exposure to Chinese pop came in university when in Singapore. That was also the time J pop was at its peak - remember Utada Hikaru's First Love?
6. My Mandarin picked up when I'm in Singapore, though I still speak with an accent and my vocab not very strong. Well, I'm learning still, and hope to learn further... and appreciate those who support.
7. I believe one should be Malaysian first, race second. It's the same when we are overseas - if we are in USA, we are American first, and where we come from 2nd.
8. I love Malaysia... for it's my country I was raised. I think it's so beautiful, something I realised more so after doing the 50+1 Malaysia book. And we can be proud to be Malaysians for all we achieved. However, if we can improve further, there's so much more to love this country - and we need this.
9. I always believe leaders should have a clear & good vision, and to see it through. This applies globally and to Malaysia.
10. I love Thailand, the Thais, and all things Thai. It's one country where people are so accomodating. The other nice people & places are in Bali & also from Java.
11. I admire & have lots of respect for humble people, whether they are super rich, or in a very high positions. That is what I call 'class'!
12. I believe in dreams coming true - something which is tested and tried over time. I've got a few dreams realised - and I'm working on more.
13. At times, it seems tough and challenging... and it is those periods that I need a break, and refocus back on my goals and realign my strategies. Supporting family members & friends help.
14. One of my dreams is to work with famous celebrities - both in film & music. You can say that I'm very interested in productions.
15. I would like to work with industry players from Korea, Hollywood, HK & also Bollywood for movies, Japan for anime, and Taiwan for music. But I also hope to bring Asean's music & movies across - from the likes of Malaysia to Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia (I think there's many talented people in these nations!).
16. I am very interested in new creations, or creating new things. I enjoy seeing my ideas come to reality. There is lots of joy whenever I see my new booksn in print, and I'm looking forward to my movies soon!
17. I love traveling a lot!
18. I love both city and kampung life - though of late, I begin to enjoy the serenity of the villlages more.
19. I have strong opinions, though I'm open to new ideas. I believe successful businessmen must have this trait to succeed.
20. I find swimming relaxing to the mind. Sometimes I get new ideas & confidence when swimming.
21. I gym to remain fit. It's tough at times to bring myself to the gym, but when I go, the workout always feels good.
22. I love inspiring movies, especially those with a happy ending and somewhat surreal. I believe movies are meant to entertain, and bring some fantasy & joy to one's life.
23. My dream house is a mansion by the beach, with infinity swimming pool, and a bedroom overlooking the sea (the sand will be fine white).
24. I love spicy food. I can't go for more than 3 days without chillies.
25. I believe life is a journey, and one should appreciate and enjoy it as much as possible.
Wow, to write 25 things isn't easy - and I thought writing bout oneself is the easiest! Haha!
Btw, if you really read all 25 points, thank you! :)
I'm tagging fellow blogger khakis - Happysurfer, Amir Fuad, Foongpc, Haan, Reanaclaire, Robo, Stormwhistle, Mei Teng, JL, Tekkaus, Khengsiong, RW Fine Art, Day-dreamer, Bengbeng, Adila, Faisal Admar.